Followers

Sunday, July 16, 2023

More Inspiration

This is my third painting inspired from a Ho-Chunk Fancy Dance presentation at Perrot State Park. A special request for a birthday gift for Jodi's husband Les. My pleasure to try and paint the movement and grace of this traditional dance.

 

Fancy Dance 3-Ho-Chunk Regalia 11x14 oil


A recent wonderful discovery in Tomah, Wisconsin. The Ho-Chunk Nation Museum has a wonderful display of bandolier bags, many older than 100 years. I've recently been following them on facebook and see they have programs for the public on beading, basketry and creating clothing. This is a must on my bucket list.

Ho-Chunk Nation Museum and Cultural Center in Tomah

Bandoliers

Cultural Center Gallery

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...