Followers

Saturday, July 20, 2019

KISS

Rolling Landscape- 8x10
This weeks focus was KISS. No, not the rock band, or a display of affection I'm referring to the old acronym "Keep It Simple, Stupid"











Mississippi Waters 8x10


I tired to select more simplified landscapes to let the brush strokes take center stage. A distant view on the Mississippi River.






Wisconsin Fields 8x10
This principle of design let me concentrate more on color and texture than lots of detail. Aa corn field somewhere in Wisconsin
Duluth Outpost 8x10
I think as things became less complicated they can become more relaxing to look and help in finding the rhythm of the landscape. North Shore buildings on morning in Duluth.








Halfway Creek Resting Spot 8x10
Letting shadows define the shapes and allowing the light to make it more interesting. Shown here at Halfway Creek Cemetery.
Brady's Bluff-Perrot 8x10
Majestic views are hard to pull off and maybe getting there is half the fun, as with the east trail at Brady's Bluff in Perrot State Park.








Looks like I'm loosening up a bit more and enjoying some better results. Here's to less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...