Followers

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Gettin' Series-ous

Barn 2-Drugans -8x10 
Focusing on a single subject matter can give you a new and interesting perspective. There's never just one best side, the perfect angle or the right time of day for lighting.
















Barn 5-Drugans 8x10
By trying a series of paintings using the same subject matter from different point of views makes me look at my painting differently.
















Barn 3-Drugans 8x10
From close up textures, to far away settings makes me see the details differently.



I so want to put in every detail of the weathered wood but the painting style I'm trying to achieve doesn't call for it.


Barn 1 Drugans 8x10
Still working on the large amounts of green foliage. It's difficult to not try and paint each leaf and instead create the desired effect with larger brush strokes.









The one easier part of doing a series is I can reuse the colors on my palette.
Barn 4-Drugans 8x10















Barn 6-Drugans 8x10
This was the last one in this series and I think I prefer the distant views for a quick paint. I'm now over half way with 57 small paintings.







Can anyone guess where this barn is located? Golfers may recognize this view from the 13th hole at Drugan's Castle Mound Golf Course in Holmen, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...