Followers

Saturday, September 14, 2019

For Better or Worse

Washburn Remnants Part 1 SOLD
After a trip up to the north shore of Wisconsin, I felt refreshed to paint with new material. I began with my regular approach to the scene, then revisited with a quicker version of the same subject matter.











Washburn Remnants Part 2- 8x10
From the shore of our campground at Washburn is the Chequamegon Bay and the remnants of the old lumber shipping docks.












Devil's Island Cave-Part 1 SOLD
Lots of water up there so we toured the Apostle Islands National Seashore by boat and had a chance to photograph the sea caves at Devils Island.


Devil's Island Part 2- SOLD
 Again the same approach with a much looser version after concentrating on the first one.
Sailing-SOLD
A frequent scene in the area are all the sail boats and big skies. I felt this one was already loose enough and maybe the two approaches are now merging for me.
Madeline Island Eatery-SOLD
On Madeline Island are the quaint shops and outdoor eateries. Someone once told be umbrellas really catch a persons eye, so I gave it a try. Trying to do architecture is one of my biggest challenges, you better get it right or things look like they are falling down.
Morning on Chequamegon Bay - SOLD
This one I hoped to feature the early morning light. Unfortunately the photo is still way better at capturing the light. The color at that time of the morning is so brief I can't imagine how to capture it plein air.
Grasses on the Shore -SOLD
Now I just wanted to play with the brush for the movement of grasses along the shoreline. Somethings about this painting I like and then there's still room for improvement.





Only 11 more to go until I reach my goal of 100 small paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...