Followers

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Summers Over

And so is the summer drawing group. The last one I was able to attend was in Sparta at the park with the covered bridges. 

I started the season with pencil and switched to pen. A brave move since you can't erase your mistakes. So I can say I progressed in my confidence.







After Labor Day we took some time to go north to Washburn/Bayfield, WI. It was on my bucket list to go to Madeline and the Apostle Islands.


Got lots of photos that will inspire my next group of paintings. 

To warm up, I did a couple of drawings of the landscape in the area. From Washburn's city campground to the sea caves of Devil's Island.






I still contemplate taking my paints along and making use of the moment. As I look back it would not have benefited my development, as an artist, at this time.

We were on a boat for the view of the caves and had so much ground to cover for site seeing. I would not have had a moment to pull out my plein air box. So the camera had to capture the moment.

Anyway, that's my excuse this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...