Followers

Monday, September 2, 2019

Laboring Away

Trempealeau Mountain-Part 1-SOLD
This week I tried to loosen things up a bit.

I began with my regular method of painting from a photo. After I finished I did another painting right away as fast and loose as possible for me.

Since I had already been intently focused on the subject matter and still had the paint on my palette, it wasn't too hard to let loose.




Trempealeau Mountain-Part 2-SOLD
The first paintings I concentrated and maybe spent 2-3 hours, on the second one maybe an average of 30 minutes.



The subject matter you hopefully recognize as Perrot Park in Trempealeau, a view of the mountain.






Horseshoe Falls Part 1-SOLD
Here is one of my favorite spots in the park Horseshoe Falls part of State Natural Area.













Horseshoe Falls-Part 2-SOLD


Trempealeau Ruins- Part 1-SOLD
Just before you enter into the park from Sullivan Road are the old ruins, which I find very interesting.
Trempealeau Ruins Part 2-SOLD

Prairie Path 1
Tried doing the prairie area at Perrot. The sumac was such a lovely color. this is probably one of my least successful of this weeks work. I didn't even keep the looser one. Just wiped it away afterwards.




Prairie Path 2-SOLD

Brady's View-Perrot Part 1 -SOLD
For the last one is the famous view from Brady's Bluff. Always great no matter what time of the year.
Brady's View-Perrot Part 2
I think I like the looser ones for the energy of the brush strokes, somehow I need to try and combine the best of both. I'll just have to keep laboring away.



Let me know which one you find more appealing. Remember you can also sign up on the blog site to follow my progress by selecting to receive new blogs by your email.


Hope you had a nice holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...