Followers

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Holmen Highlights

Winding up my pursuit of paintings featuring local scenes I chose Holmen. This is the closest community to where I live. They've got a wonderful park for music in the summer, which I'm miss very much. So I wanted to make sure I highlighted the park with new and past paintings.

Halfway Creek Park 8x10

Gatherings-Halfway Creek Park 8x10

 Another place that amazed me about Holmen was the Halfway Creek cemetery. Learned about the history from the caretaker while our drawing group was visiting. Did this painting shortly after.

Halfway Creek Resting Spot 8x10

We frequent the golf course in Holmen called Drugans, a beautiful property set in between the bluffs. Hopefully I take more shots on the course with my camera than with my clubs. Inspired by my walks on the links to paint the scenery.

Lovely Water Hazzard-Drugans 8x10

Another meeting place to pick up wine, gourmet cheeses and meats is the Holmen Meat Locker. A legend by itself, they have awesome jerky. I love the way they decorated out front with these little piggy statues.

To the Market 5x7
My last and newest discovery in the Holmen area is the New Amsterdam Grasslands, a preserved site. One section is periodically closed for the local wildlife.
Grasslands 5x7

Questions or perhaps to purchase one of my original unframed oil paintings on panels, please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing of a Pigeon

Thanks for the Memories 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   For Millions Too Little Too Late.   The extinction of the Passenger Pigeon is h...