Followers

Thursday, September 21, 2023

My Three Entries

 

Amsterdam Prairie Remnant 11x14 oil framed $350


 After painting plein air for over a week, I feel I had at least three worthy of the Between the Bluffs Plein Air Event. This is my second time participating. I felt I learned a lot since last years event, but it still took painting almost everyday, sometimes twice. I now think I'm sticking to one painting a day for maximum results. 


This year I tried a sunset over Lake Onalaska. After searing the sun into my eyes I couldn't even tell what color I was painting, fail number one. I also thought I had a spot all figured out for some evening color and shadows. It was hot out and sweat dripped from my gloves all over my palette.

Sometimes you gotta know when to quit. I got two paintings of figures done by attending the Holmen music in Halfway Creek Park. People were so nice and they stayed pretty still for the music. There's a category for figures so I thought I'd give it a try.


 

Music on the Mound 8x10 oil framed $150

 Last but not least one of my favorite views on Brice Prairie at The Red Pines on the Lake.

A bit overcast but I found the limited colors to be moving. Thanks Corinna for allowing paint on the property.


View Across the Lake 8x10 oil framed $150


These paintings will be on display at Studio Gallery 1311 on 1311 Market Street Sept. 23 from 11-4 and Sun. Sept.24 from Noon-3. More information at www.betweenthebluffs.com

Questions cshoreartwork@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...