Followers

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Cats or Dogs?

Bunny Repose
The biggest challenge I've found when creating art is trying to depict pets and people. It's hard to get it right with such a personal subject. People just see with emotion and details are etched with history.














Bunny Repose with color
I've chosen my friendly feral cat named "Bunny" to try and capture her. Since I'm the only one to please, it allowed me to try several drawing styles and techniques to see if I could get it right.




We'll I'm pleased at the results, but the question still remains, could I please an owner.













FYI-Bunny is the neighborhood feral kitty. She's been around for 5-6 years. After her first litter, which was inevitable I found the group Alley Cats to help with getting her spade. I hope she sticks around for awhile, we all need a good mouser.

Bunny Groom Time





Here's Bunny taking the time to make her self presentable.

Bunny Nap Time
 And of course another nap.


















So you're probably wondering about the dog part of this blog.


Pet Painting

I've included the only commissioned dog works of art I've ever done. They were for my sister, who raises the most beautiful Golden Retrievers.

She also has an Old English Sheepdog









Restyled bureau with Golden Puppies
The projects always posed a rather big challenge to get features just right because they must look like her dogs. My sister was very patience and a great communicator holding my hand while I brushed and adjusted and readjusted.








Senior Golden painted on Silk Skirt
It helped to have her keen eye and verbal skills to achieve something she would display in her own home. Very proud to have taken on these projects for her.











Birthday Cake

This one was especially fun, a surprise cake for a cesarean birthday celebration. I got to help.

Hope you don't get grossed out but this is pretty much what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...