Followers

Saturday, March 9, 2019

In the Beginning

Painting
I have always had the urge to create. Whether it's been decorating interior spaces, attempting to tame nature in the garden or capturing what I see around me through drawing/painting or even conquering a craft. I'm launching this blog to share and examine my progress as an artist, as I'm now unencumbered by the need to earn a living (aka retirement) and can devote my time to developing my artwork.




Mural









Before I begin to share I'll give you some background. Once asked if I'm a Full Time Artist I had to reply I'm a Lifetime Artist, employment slowed me down but I had a few opportunities along the way to explore.


Coloring Page







Some of my artistic experiences are as follows:

  • Degree in Art
  • Art Fairs and Craft Shows
  • One Woman Art Show
  • Mural, featured on Discovery TV program
  • Painting on the Cover of a Magazine
  • Commissions including paintings, murals and illustrations



Cake decorating

Silk painting on skirt





















But so much for the past, we are only as good as our last creation.

Going forward I plan on taking some classes and learning new techniques. Plus now is the time to get around to doing all those projects on my art list. I'll be sharing through this blog my acheivements, maybe even some failures and lots of things that inspire me.

I promise I will also come up with a new profile photo that isn't from the last decade.





2 comments:

Silent Domestic Predation

  Chick Magnet 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   Silent Domestic Predation Silent, because we don’t want to talk about it.  Domestic, ...