Followers

Monday, June 14, 2021

A few more Plein Air Attempts

Kinstone Cabin  8x10
May started off with a weekend to Kinstone to do some Plein Air painting. It was a nice sunny day with no distractions. I attended their fall open house and decided to come back for the spring season opening. It's a lovely place to paint, especially if you want to work on your rocks.
Kinstone Chapel 8x10

Another popular subject matter is the chapel made of cord wood with a thatched roof. I brought these two paintings home to be able to dry and treat, while I left 10 framed paintings for sale on display in their education center. If you stop in be sure to see them. Or check out the April 25, 2021 blog "Kinstone Open House..."

Spring Returns 8x10

The daffodils in my yard were spectacular this year. A favorite spring bloom.

So now it's June and as my luck would have it I have to put off plein air painting for another month, due to a chemical face peel recommended by my dermatologist. Those sun worshiping days are long behind me but the damage is still there. Hope to get back out doors soon.

My goals are now for some studio work emphasizing street scenes, in particular those interesting alleys and roads in downtown La Crosse. My mentor has suggested another approach for me to work on my values and I'll be practicing some knife skills, the palette kind. 

Questions or perhaps to purchase one of my original unframed oil paintings on panels, please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...