Followers

Monday, July 1, 2024

Catching My Breath

 It's time to catch my breath. The first half of 2024 has had it's highs and extreme lows.

I had plans. I had hopes. Thankfully I had family and friends to cope.

I lost my muse, confidant,best friend and life long partner of 37 years at the beginning of the year. My husband Eric supported my art and encouraged me to pursue what I loved so I continued on with planning art exhibits and participating in events. While his life was coming to an end, mine was beginning for me as an artist. I know he would be proud of me as I continue to live my dream and find the beauty in things around me.

So onward to the next chapter in  my life. As of July all my previous commitments have been met and my choices are now new. Some exciting, some kinda scary. I hope to begin in late summer with a few new exhibits and try my brush with more plein air painting. I'm looking forward to participating in Between the Bluffs plein air event in October here in La Crosse and I have a few more commissions to complete before the holidays.


A big thanks to fellow artists who I've met along the way and helped me realize my journey doesn't have to be done alone


Thanks for the photo Kari H.


1 comment:

Which Three will it Be? See the results, shown as framed

After painting all week long it's time to decide which three it will be.? I can enter just three of my plein air paintings for the Betwe...