Followers

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Homework-Back to the Studio

Waking Geese 8x10 oil
 After attending a plein air workshop in late June, with Mary Pettis at the Atelier in St Paul, here are some of my paintings. I tried evaluating and completing in the studio five of the eight paintings I worked on. Trying to paint what I loved about what I saw.

Coreopsis in the Park 8x10 oil

Yellow Casts 8x10 oil

After a plein air outing we were also challenged to make another painting in the studio from our first impressions. Those notes we were able to quickly capture in paint and then translate again editing out what doesn't work.

This was a first for me and very challenging. Something I really need to keep working on.

Bridge 1 8x10 oil

Bridge 2 8x10 oil

Questions cshoreartwork@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Which Three will it Be? See the results, shown as framed

After painting all week long it's time to decide which three it will be.? I can enter just three of my plein air paintings for the Betwe...