Followers

Monday, March 16, 2020

My Studio

Since we are housebound, I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my studio space. Believe me it's a lot safer than having you walk into this mess. So here is a virtual tour of where I make my art.


It's actually a third bedroom in our home. It's got great light from the north and a nice bay window.

Currently I do most of my work from photographs and thanks to my own personal computer tech (my husband) has set me up with  a large monitor screen. I just have to protect it from paint.


Next step for paintings is to let them dry. I use a lot of paper towels and lay them on the bay window seat with a small fan to assist in the drying time. This space also gets a lot of light. I can usually get a good photo after the paint shine has dried a bit.

Then after treating the surface with an oil out technique to even the surface I place it for further drying on my home made rack.

This was a salvage from Talbots, one of their sweater cubes that was destined for the dumpster. Yes I'm a dumpster diver and proud of it.



When the rack is too full the paintings migrate to the next room. The guest bedroom has a queen size bed and after I put down a canvas drop cloth they can further cure uninterrupted, unless they are going to a new home.




I just ordered some new business cards hadn't hardly had a chance to give them out when we've begun isolation. I plan to also use them to identify paintings. Just trying to improve the experience.


1 comment:

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...