Followers

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Dog-Gone-IT

Zeus 8x10
It's shocking how fast life can change. Only a week ago I'd taken on a commission of Zeus, this would be my one painting for the week as I was getting myself ready for a five day workshop of painting in Dubuque. Well you probably already know where this is going.


 Zeus will be traveling home to California in a few weeks, when dry.

Below is Zeus cousins Bill. He's now memorialized at home. Love the Rainbow Bridge honoring him.






















Yes,  I got my email notice that they regrettably needed to cancel the workshop. I went from nervous elation to what do I do now. Having something to look forward to is essential for me, as I try to survive cabin fever, also known as SAD (seasonal effectiveness disorder).

I generally gear myself up with personal goals and projects to make sure I can pass the time away. But I had cleared my plate and was now staring into a spotless empty void.

After feeling sorry for myself and hearing how others were more distressed and rightly so I've resolved to throw myself into painting some new challenges.

So my sympathies go out to those missing a vacation, watching their kids compete in sports and all the other missed fun. There are those that are restricted from being with the ones they love because care centers are closed. The extra stress and hours that health care workers are enduring. The anxiety of those that are looking for resources and solutions to everyday needs.

We have chosen to become isolated due to our own health concerns, but want everyone to know we miss them already. So I'll probably do a lot of blogging and painting to pass the time.

Hope you're finding fun and productive ways to take advantage of our new home time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...