Followers

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Early Birds

Red Arrives 5x7
It's March and I'm giddy that spring is almost here. Today 50 degrees and I can't sit and paint, I just want to be outside.



Haven't seen any Robins yet but I'm ready.









My little Chickadee 5x7

When I don't have a photo of my own to paint I do search for those that are in the public domain. Of course I make them my own when creating a painting. It's just hard to capture creatures like birds, butterflies and bugs with my camera much less doing something Plein Aire.




The Black Capped Chickadee is one of my favorite songbirds. So glad they keep us company in the winter.

Up and Down All Day 5x7 
Another bird that catches my attention is the Nuthatch.
A busy bird going up and down trees searching for a bite.
Magic Act 8x10
Sometimes someone else's photo just catches my eye. This little honey belongs to Magic Willows Alpacas in Hartford, Wisconsin. When Becky posted it, I knew I had to ask if I could paint her.

You can guess where this hen is going to end up.
Eggactly!









If you have a photo you just love and think it would make a great subject matter let me know at cshoreartwork@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Silent Domestic Predation

  Chick Magnet 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   Silent Domestic Predation Silent, because we don’t want to talk about it.  Domestic, ...