Followers

Monday, March 13, 2023

I thought I thaw Spring

Thaw on the Refuge 1 8x10  oil and cold wax

Thaw on the Refuge 2 8x10  oil and cold wax

We've had some winter warmer weather where spring seems to be right around the corner. As the snow was melting in the refuge there appeared a tawny yellow along the wetlands. I'm assuming this coloration was from the leaf debris, tannin and other decomposing elements. I tried capturing this special tone in the landscape with my paintings Thaw on the Refuge.

 Now I'm patiently waiting for some real spring images. Already I've seen the yellowing up of willow trees and can't wait to see the emergence of the fresh new greens as the refuge wakes up.

 

Contact cshoreartwork@gmail.com for any questtions 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tonight's the Night-Cribbage Trempealeau Hotel

 Tonight, Thursday, April 18 I will try to defend my title of Cribbage Champ on April 4. Each week a winner is declared and I got pretty luc...