Followers

Thursday, March 9, 2023

One more Winter Highlight

Winona Falls 8x10 oil 
Winter isn't what it used to be for me. I don't get out and ski, or skate or go sledding anymore. I'd rather stay inside, stay warm and paint. Now for those who can't get enough of winter sports, Winona Minnesota gives climbers the chance to work on their ice climbing skills, at an old stone quarry hundreds of feet above the Mississippi River. It's part of the Sugar Loaf Park, this man made flow of ice is just one of a few in the nation.  You can walk the path up to the bluff site or if you have a zoom lens or pair of binoculars you can see them from the park below by the lake. In late February we saw at least 5 climbers.Enjoy my painting inspired by winter enthusiasts.


For inquires about my art cshoreartwork@gmail.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tonight's the Night-Cribbage Trempealeau Hotel

 Tonight, Thursday, April 18 I will try to defend my title of Cribbage Champ on April 4. Each week a winner is declared and I got pretty luc...